Am 12.05.2014 um 17:07 schrieb Halil-Cem Gürsoy <hcguer...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've tried to release today a plugin (my first time).
> The plugin repo is here:
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/artifact-promotion-plugin
>
> Finally, after fighting with the network here and the release plugin itself
> (IMHO it's really a pain to work with it and I would suggest to switch to a
> continuous version number, but this is offtopic here...).
>
> I'm a bit confused about which repository server has to be taken for the
> deployment by the release plugin:
>
> repo.jenkins-ci.org or maven.jenkins-ci.org?

I thought both are pointing to the same Artifactory instance. The latter one
just redirects to the former one in order to be backward compatible.

> They are different servers and the maven parent references to the second one.
> But in the hosting documentation it is stated that we should look in
> repo.jenkins-ci.org
> (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins#HostingPlugins-Help%5C%21Mypluginisnotshowingupintheupdatecenter.).
>
> After finally finishing the release plugins work I only see snapshots in the
> first server:
> http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/webapp/search/artifact/?32&q=artifact-promotion
> I assume these versions are from the cloudbees jenkins build job.
>
> So, that I'm doing wrong?

If you are releasing only snapshots (see your maven console log) then you
probably hit a bug in the maven-release-plugin:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkinsci-dev/qkmbl3HrYgk