Fixed in https://github.com/jenkinsci/backend-update-center2/commit/80a277e907b9307137ccaf0a09b1182cf39199a1

I'm going to re-enable update center job now.

On 05/27/2014 02:11 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

Stephen and Jesse's observations are basically correct. We scrape Wiki
to fill in a quick description of the plugin, categorizations, and so
on. UC generator does not touch JIRA as far as I know.

I think there are two issues here, one short-term and the other long-term.

The short-term problem is that we need to get the update center
generator code running ASAP, without assuming anything more from plugin
metadata. That primarily involves separating Wiki crawler and UC
generator, so that the former happens less frequently. I'll do that
right away.

The long-term problem is if such a scraping of Wiki is necessary to
begin with, by making plugin metadata more descriptive and self-contained.

I think we do need to define manifest entries for excerpt and labels,
which isn't even possible today. That said, the motivation for scraping
the Wiki was to "crowd-source" the categorizations of plugins, and I
think that is still valid.

I see 26 classifications in [1] and we want more categories (see
relevant meta packaging discussion in JENKINS-9598), only allowing
metadata in the *.jpi files to do this is wrong, IMHO. Plus it's not
practical at this late in game when we have 800+ plugins that do not
have such metadata to begin with.

[1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Plugins