Hi all,

I had similar problem when releasing biouno plug-ins. Even though it uses a
custom update center and maven repository, the problem was similar; my releases
were going to the snapshot repository [1].

I think the solution so far has been changing the release-plugin version. In my
case I changed a configuration in my git repository as in [2]. Apparently git
changed the status message, what caused the release plugin to interpret my
release as a snapshot - in my case.

What I did in my git repositories for Java projects was:

`git config --add status.displayCommentPrefix true`

Not sure if it is the same issue that is happening for some plugins, but worth
a shot in case you don't want to change your maven settings.

HTH,
Bruno

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-740

[2] http://ilikeorangutans.github.io/2014/04/29/maven-release-plugin-and-git-19