From: jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com [mailto:jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Scott Cowan
Sent: den 2 juni 2014 21:54
To: jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com
Subject: form-based auth script

I've followed the "Java example with httpclient 4.1.2" section of
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Authenticating+scripted+clients and
been able to successfully authenticate a client with a Jenkins deployed in
Winstone, but I haven't been able to do so when it's deployed in Tomcat and
access control is "Delegate to servlet container".  A GET on
"http://localhost:8080/jenkins"; with user/pass in basic auth scheme returns a
"HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error" with the explanation, "anonymous is
missing the Overall/Read permission".  I've enabled "Matrix-based security" and
given no permissions to Anonymous.

I noticed the auth-method in the jenkins web.xml is FORM, whether deployed in
Winstone or Tomcat.  Can a client authenticate with this configuration?  Can a
client negotiate a form-based authentication some how?  Does anyone have an
example script to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Scott