Thank you very much, Jesse. Your suggestions are very valuable.

I'm not very familiar with Maven 2/3 build and it looks like as you said,
most of the features only work for freestyle build. In a Maven 2/3 build it
looks like JUnit and its publisher/result archiver is embedded inside the
build process, so the plugin cannot find its own place.

Supporting SCMs other than GIT (for example, SVN) may not be that hard, but
have all the features supported in Maven 2/3 project looks hard. I am still
pretty new to Jenkins :)

Regards,

Qingzhou