Hello,

Frankly I'm flattered that you'd want to include a plugin I wrote in core,
but I think the real problem is not really about bundling a plugin in
Jenkins or not. Everyone using Jenkins has different needs, and the fact
that there are so many plugins out there is just a proof of that.

As you said, it is more about the visibility of plugins; essential plugins
getting lost within the thousand plugins that Jenkins now have. There are a
few ideas that could be applied here (ideas taken from app stores)

- include download stats in the plugin manager and use it to rank plugins
within categories
- introduce a rating system for plugins (also use that to rank plugins)

Vincent