This problem just came up again on IRC; I couldn't find an existing issue on JIRA, so now there is one:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-27694

On 12/03/15 10:13, Daniel Beck wrote:
Installing new tool installers should probably trigger an update check by core.

That said, an easy workaround is to click 'Check Now' in Manage Plugins ยป
Advanced (or on any tab in Manage Plugins starting with 1.602 or so).

On 12.03.2015, at 15:21, 'Julien HENRY' via Jenkins Developers