Howdy,

Can anyone shed some light on this issue with the ruby-runtime plugin?

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins.rb/issues/112

As related in the comments believe it is related to the newInstance()
method no longer being called in the descriptor.rb file from the sister
descriptor.java . I have tried many things to work around this, but am
unable to find a solution from the ruby side. And
issue
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-20262?focusedCommentId=188404&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-188404

leads me to believe this is an unsettled matter?

If Descriptor.newInstance() is not the way to go what is?

As it stands right now any ruby-runtime dependent plugin that uses job
configs is broken as the config is never saved.

Thanks so much for all help!

Nikki