I am quite surprised how many people is dissatisfied with the sidepanel in
current form. However, shell we ever do something about sidepanel, we will
have to deal with it gracefully as plugins can contribute sidepanel tasks
in several ways. Representing controls in an uniform way would be helpful
actually (or at least something we will have to do anyway).

This PR comment might be
related: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/1703#issuecomment-103482968

--
oliver