Hi everyone,

For quite some time contributors working for CloudBees have used @reviewbybees
to indicate pull requests that need to be reviewed by other CloudBees
developers before work on them can be considered finished by the original
author.

The current process is the result of a requirement to have other bees sign off
on any proposed code changes, while at the same time allowing the plugin
maintainers to comment as early as possible on proposed changes, instead of
hiding a proposal while we still work out the details.

Some feedback we got on this caused us to switch from +1/-1 to 'bee' and 'bug'
emoticons on GitHub, so that these mandatory reviews aren't mistaken for
requests to merge the PR. Additionally, we recently added a few bot-generated
messages to explain what any feedback to PRs means, and to indicate when a PR
is considered finished.

How this looks like can be seen e.g. in this PR:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/credentials-plugin/pull/28

Please let us know what you think about the @reviewbybees approach to code
reviews. Is there anything we can improve, while still achieving the goals
mentioned above?

Daniel