All my changes have been pushed to my Github forks:
https://github.com/gregsymons/analysis-suite-plugin/tree/workflow-support.
Note that while the github UI seems to magically know how to resolve the
submodules, git itself won't, because I didn't update the submodule urls to
point at my forks to make merging upstream easier.

I've tried to follow the COMPATIBILITY.md guidelines and change over from
the sprawling DataBoundConstructors (the base class for all the analyses
takes 28 parameters!) to DataBoundSetters. I don't know if that could be
part of the problem. I don't _think_ these plugins use newInstance()
anywhere, but I'm also not sure I know exactly what you mean.

Greg