That's why at the very beginning of the thread I added:

> And if it is for next Xmas: Don't forget all users who are deploying
Jenkins in a environment with no internet (or a limited access). Thus if we
could pack together some set of plugins (and required dependencies) and
allow jenkins to "eat" them. Deploying plugins one by one is a nightmare
and error prone

In many environment the security rules are not allowing to connect to the
internet and the update-center. If something must be done in what we
package or not by default we need to not forget the "no-internet" use-case
because even nowadays with few default bundled plugins you cannot do a lot
of things if you start your instance from scratch.

Arnaud

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net