Jelly like xml has overhead, that’s why workflow/build flow/gradle produces
DSLs. Groovy code is clean and has less tags, supported by IDE and allows
setting breakpoints for debug. Also it provides more control under page
internals (that is also penalty in conjunction with lack of docs).
I never had performance issues. As i understand both is runtime compilable.
Stephen please provide some performance example if you hit it. I think nowadays
it shouldn’t have such issues.