On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <k...@kohsuke.org> wrote:
> That there will be more of these problems down the road.

Perhaps. More important is the ongoing burden of not knowing whether
what you wrote in `src/main/java/**/*.java`, or what you loaded from
`*-sources.jar`, is actually what is running.

> I feel like we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

This baby is Otesánek. :-)

> it's not that problems are hard to understand or hard to fix.

For you perhaps.

> if you are going to remove BCT altogether, what do we do with existing
> uses of them? Queue.Item#id is a relatively recent change. Are we just going
> to break plugins that use them?

There was no fully developed proposal yet. My idea was to have an
automated system for detecting plugin source repos still using the
deprecated API, then fixing those, and concurrently blocking the old
plugin releases from being used. So a user would never see linkage
errors, but they might be required to upgrade a plugin when upgrading
core (or a lower-level plugin).