https://github.com/dalvizu/jira-ext-plugin

Plugin Name: jira-ext-plugin
My GitHub username: dalvizu
Existing repo: https://github.com/dalvizu/jira-ext-plugin
Doc: https://github.com/dalvizu/jira-ext-plugin

The jira-ext plugin attempts to integrate to Atlassian JIRA in an
extensible way.

Differences with jira-plugin:

Key differences are documented in README.md. The jira-ext-plugin puts an
emphasis on extensibility: both what tickets to update and how to update
them are extensible and, critically, separable operations. The operations
in jira-commit are largely JQL-only, and new operations require a pull
request.

This separability of operations means that long standing issues in the jira
plugin (JENKINS-750, for example) are solved, or at least the path to solve
them is now much simpler. In addition, the jira-ext-plugin uses rcarz jira
client (https://github.com/rcarz/jira-client) - a much more complete and
nicer to use API wrapper.

My main motiviation for this plugin was to use JIRA and Jenkins in a
continuous delivery pipeline: I wanted to be able to update tickets in a
later stage of the pipeline as the pipeline progressed. The jira-plugin did
not allow this, nor was it apparent to me how I could extend it while
keeping the core features in place: they seemed at odds.