Hi everyone,

So far we haven't done a great job informing plugin maintainers of security
issues reported in our JIRA. This needed to change and I've now configured JIRA
so we can assign SECURITY issues to plugin maintainers. Some of you may already
have been assigned issues in SECURITY for plugins you're maintaining.

I'm also offering plugin maintainers to do a coordinated release, which means
several plugins, or Jenkins core and one or more plugins, get security fixes
released simultaneously, with pre-announcement to jenkinsci-advisories, and a
security advisory on https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/SECURITY -- I'd be
handling all of this, and plugin maintainers would just hold off publishing the
source code for fixes, documentation on the security issue, and new plugin
releases containing the fix, until a specified date.

Daniel