Congrats Samat.

Yes, it could be a bit overwhelming, I am interested to see what others
suggest as to what to tackle.
Are you on irc (I am on GMT+10 timezone as "michaelneale" so say hi!)?

I think starting by building Jenkins 2.0 and mapping what you think you
want to improve with that may be a good idea. Depending on how much
Javascript is involved, may get others to drop in tips on tools etc. A nice
place to start would be to find one "confidence building" improvement in
your proposal (I have my ideas, but would like to hear others first - mine
are not based on science but just pain over the last week!).