Hi guys,

We would like to implement a feature in the SonarQube plugin that would
make the pipeline wait for some external/asynchronous processing to be
completed (SonarQube analysis). In addition we would like to get some data
(JSON payload) from this external process. Something like:

def analysisResult;
withSonarQubeEnv('mySonar') {
    sh 'mvn sonar:sonar' // Submit asynchronous analysis
    analysisResult = waitForSonarQubeAnalysis
}
if (analysisResult.isSuccess) {
  promote()
} else {
  notifyKO(analysisResult)
}

I found this ticket https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-27127 that
is really close to what we need. Is there any progress on that topic?
Waiting for this generic step, do you think it would be possible to
implement the feature with a custom step?

Thanks

Julien