Hi all,

We need to make some modifications to Stapler to fix a class of
serialization issues which involve plugins and result in Blue Ocean pages
not loading correctly.

If a plugin’s Action fails to serialize it fails the serialization of the
rest response. Just like the remote APIs, Blue Ocean returns serialized
Actions for many of its responses. For Blue Ocean this is incredibly
important as a failed REST call can cause the entire UI to fail and the
blame is assigned to Blue Ocean rather than the plugin that threw the
exception. There are thousands of plugins and 1000s of ways to make the UI
fall over.

I've written a small document that summarize the changes and it would be
great to get some feedback.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AalzfYZ0HDfwtFMUNaw_okWMLaaQ0S5Q1o6L4taevL4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks