Hi,

I wanted to share with the community a breakthrough with the JMS Messaging
Plugin that other developers may find useful.

Having been exposed to the Jenkins Acceptance Test Harness (ATH), I see
great value in re-using the framework to test certain aspects of a plugin
particularly in cases where there is an interaction with an external system
that may be difficult to mock.

I recently released the JMS Messaging Plugin (
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jms-messaging-plugin and
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/JMS+Messaging+Plugin) which
make use of the Jenkins Acceptance Test Harness for its plugin "unit" tests.

With the help of ogondza and rtyler, we have also been able to
successfully host CI builds at
https://ci.jenkins.io/job/Plugins/job/jms-messaging-plugin/.

In order to make use of the ATH tests within your plugin, there are some
changes that are needed to the following files:

(1) pom.xml (
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jms-messaging-plugin/blob/master/pom.xml)

* I needed to exclude certain artifacts from the ATH dependency.
* We need to create the HPI prior to running the ATH tests since ATH needs
the HPI to actually test. Hence we need to perform a "mvn clean install
-DskipTests" prior to "
mvn test". See https://github.com/jenkinsci/jms-messaging-plugin#development

(2) Jenkinsfile (
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jms-messaging-plugin/blob/master/Jenkinsfile)

* This file contains the magic needed to run the ATH tests on
https://ci.jenkins.io

I hope this proves to be helpful and I welcome any comments and/or feedback.

Thanks,

Scott