On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 8:41 AM, ogondza <ogon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Compared to .2 it seems to pick workflow-job 2.12 (instead of 2.11) that
> fails to load as it requires Jenkins 2.60+.

I had noticed a similar failure yesterday but did not dig into it, in
a test requesting `workflow-job@2.0` among others.

Skipping sshGitInsideDocker(plugins.WorkflowPluginTest)
org.junit.internal.AssumptionViolatedException: Unable to install
required plugins
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.junit.WithPlugins$RuleImpl$1.installPlugins(WithPlugins.java:178)
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.junit.WithPlugins$RuleImpl$1.evaluate(WithPlugins.java:129)
at org.junit.rules.TestWatcher$1.evaluate(TestWatcher.java:55)
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.junit.JenkinsAcceptanceTestRule$1$2$1.evaluate(JenkinsAcceptanceTestRule.java:177)
at org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.junit.FilterRule$1.evaluate(FilterRule.java:63)
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.junit.WithDocker$RuleImpl$1.evaluate(WithDocker.java:50)
at org.junit.rules.TestWatcher$1.evaluate(TestWatcher.java:55)
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.junit.JenkinsAcceptanceTestRule$1.evaluate(JenkinsAcceptanceTestRule.java:60)
at …
Caused by:
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.update_center.UpdateCenterMetadata$UnableToResolveDependencies:
Unable to install PluginMetadata[workflow-job,2.12] plugin because of
core dependency. Required: 2.60 Used: Jenkins(http://127.0.0.1:62670/)
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.update_center.UpdateCenterMetadata.transitiveDependenciesOf(UpdateCenterMetadata.java:88)
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.po.PluginManager.installPlugins(PluginManager.java:193)
at
org.jenkinsci.test.acceptance.junit.WithPlugins$RuleImpl$1.installPlugins(WithPlugins.java:176)
... 23 more

But I was running against 2.46.2 (with ATH as of `master` yesterday),
so this does not seem like a regression in .3; rather, a problem with
the update center? But

https://github.com/jenkins-infra/backend-update-center2/blob/5c0a4a1ae6ea58cb94265a772e65548c8251564f/site/generate.sh#L7

looks right, and
https://gist.github.com/jglick/0a85759ea65f60e107ac5a85a5032cae checks
out:

$ uc-grep workflow-job 2.46.2
2.11

so that does not explain my failure, which feels like an ATH bug. OTOH while

$ uc-grep workflow-job 2.46.3
2.11

is right,

$ uc-grep workflow-job 2.46.3-SNAPSHOT
2.12

looks to be a bug in the update center (failing to match more exotic
version strings; FWIW http://jenkins-updates.cloudbees.com/ gets it
right) that *would* result in ATH failures when testing a nonreleased
build.

So maybe there are *two* infrastructure bugs here? Will leave it you
to drive the investigation unless you think you need some assistance.