On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 1:07:31 AM UTC, Michael Neale wrote:

> Hi Steven.
>
> This seems to be a reasonably often asked for feature (I wasn't able to
> find a ticket though, for multibranch/github multibranch specifically,
> surely there is one?).
>
> Are you thinking that ideally in your case the branches/PRs would not
> appear at all until the label is applied? Would an alternative that makes
> it show up as not built or similar do? (may be easier to do that...)

I didn't see a ticket either, but I think a PR label filter is mentioned as
an example use case in one of the API implementation docs. Unlabeled PR
jobs not appearing in Jenkins is the goal for me, and I actually have a
filter written that works with polling/indexing. I could stop now and
enable polling on the multibranch project but it'd be nice to keep polling
to a minimum of course. Hopefully I'm just missing something simple to get
the new event subscriber up and running.

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 3:02:16 PM UTC, Jesse Glick wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:50 AM, Steven F <steven...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not even sure how a successful result would play out, does it
> trigger a repository indexing with the given Event? or do the new heads
> just appear in the project?
>
> Event subscribers should be able to add new heads immediately. The
> whole point of having this complicated API is to be able to bypass a
> full branch indexing run, which can be expensive.
>
> As to the rest of your question, I am not sure. You read the docs right?

I had overlooked the docs in scm-api and those helped me understand some of
the concepts and narrow things down, thanks. I think the bit I'm not
following now is more in the github branch source implementation. My
SCMHeadEvent returns the PR and its branch (which is probably discarded by
the set of filters), but I was unable to return a PullRequestSCMRevision
for the PR head because its constructor is package private. Then, I
couldn't tell if that was important because I couldn't trace where these
returned heads are used in github branch source. I don't know if the
resulting source fetch is scoped to these heads.

Sorry if this is all basic, my Java isn't that strong :)