Hi,

I've read JEP-213 proposal
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/blob/master/jep/213/README.adoc> with
lots of interest,

IIUC there's no plan to change the configuration granularity (we still will
have one configuration entry per legacy xml file) neither do we plan to
change the data being stored here (plain component XStream dump, no plan to
filter default values)

Then, I wonder we could adopt a simpler (?) approach relying on a sidecar
configuration container.

i.e a typical k8s pattern for legacy applications is to deploy a sidecar to
act as http proxy, and (for sample) add support for https or other
improvements without changing a single bit of the existing codebase.

doing so we could offer Cloud Native configuration storage for Jenkins

[image: Capture d’écran 2018-10-01 à 12.47.44.png]
(illustration from Oreilly's "Designing-Distributed-Systems :
PatternsParadigms")

Benefit I can see doing so is that we just don't need to wait for a new
jenkins-core release, this can be adopted without delay.

wdyt ?

--
Nicolas De Loof