Dear all,

Please find the Jenkins GSoC budget status update for 2018. You can find my
previous report from July 18 here
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkinsci-dev/zS1jzYRoF08>. Please
note that these estimations are rather approximate ones. GSoC does not have
a separate budget in the Jenkins project until JEP-8
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/tree/master/jep/8> is accepted.

   - Balance on 01.01.2018: *2387.34 USD*
   - Income in 2018: *4200 USD* in September according to GSoC Org Payments
   <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/org-payments>
   - Expenses in 2018: *~3750 USD*. Number is approximate (currency rates,
   etc.), because we do not know exact numbers until SPI 2018 report is
   published
   - 1902.94 CHF: DevOps World - Jenkins World sponsorship for Pham Vu
      Tuan:
      - 951.26 CHF - GSoC Mentor Summit - Oleg Nenashev
      - 791.26 CAD - GSoC Mentor Summit - Martin d'Anjou:
      - 254.41 USD - GSoC Mentor Summit - Jeff Pearce: . The report has not
      been submitted to SPI yet
      - Estimated GSoC balance on 01.01.2019:
*2837.34 USD *

So, finally we did not need extra budget as it was approved in July (thread
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkinsci-dev/zS1jzYRoF08>).
Reasons: 1 project was failed and did not get conference travel
sponsorship. For the third project we still have some money reserved should
the student decide to go to a Jenkins conference and present his work (up
to 1000 USD). Even with that, we have more than 1800 USD reserved for the
next year.

I would like to spend some of that budget on sending swag to GSoC 2018
participants who have not yet received the swag at DevOps World - Jenkins
World and other events (~15 recipients). It was originally planned for GSoC
2018, but unfortunately it was significantly delayed (my fault). It would
be also great to print some extra Jenkins GSoC stickers so that we could
use them for future events.

My plan is to have a detailed budget calculation for swag by Monday so that
it could be discussed at the governance meeting. My rough estimation is
that it is going to be around 500USD, including printing and delivery
costs. I would appreciate feedback about feasibility of such expense. WDYT?

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins GSoC Org Admin