Hi,

After checking through Oleg's suggestions, I am thinking we can move it
forward with 2 projects this year:
- Project 1: Update Remoting over Kafka to support K8s - Current demo setup
is using Docker compose, and I think K8s is more popular nowadays, maybe we
can somehow integrate this. And if this setup is done, maybe auto
provisioning of Kafka cluster can be more convinient?

- Project 2: Integrating Remoting messaging with Prometheus monitoring - By
this you mean we will do this for JNLP agents monitoring? To replace the
traditional monitoring we are having in Jenkins master? I suggest we can
rename it to "Integrating remoting with monitoring tools", because there
are many monitoring tools out there (not only Prometheus), and we let the
student choose one? We can also make the plugin generic such that user can
integrate Jenkins with any monitoring system of their choice (but Im not
sure it's doable).

I can be the mentor for Project 1 (because I understand about remoting over
Kafka), and can help for project 2 with other mentors (I think we need to
have someone with deep understanding of remoting for this project).