(replies inline)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019, Oliver Gond??a wrote:

> Those are interesting news. Are we expecting to partner with existing
> communities around existing CD projects as a part of CDF? Are some of them
> on board with this vision or do we expect they will join us provided this
> turns out to be the right way to go? My concern is the ???Continuous
> Delivery Foundation??? feels pretty general and while getting under the
> wings of Linux Foundation is an impressive recognition of what we have
> achieved, it would be unfortunate to make an impression of claiming the
> whole field without wider consensus.

Hiya Oliver! I'll answer this since I've also been working a bit behind the
scenes with Tracy and the Linux Foundation (LF) to move this forward.

LF has been reaching out to some other projects which are what I would consider
our brothers and sisters in the Continuous Delivery space. A few of them are
projects which many Jenkins users are already very familiar with, but since a
couple of those projects are waiting for Jenkins to take the lead here, they
have not publicly discussed or committed to the idea of the CDF.

I'll have to write a blog post at some point about our path thus far, but I
originally wanted a Jenkins Software Foundation, but it was actually others
outside of the Jenkins project that _suggested_ and wanted a more broad
umbrella to support this entire space.

Suffice it to say, Jenkins is leading the way here, but we will not be the only
ones at the party! :)

Cheers
--
GitHub:  https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2