Thanks Daniel, appreciate the help. Actually I conflated the releasing
issue as it turns out "write" allows that, sorry about that. The need for
admin is so that I can add my team mates as contributors and also modify
the repo settings if necessary.

When you have a moment could you please flip the same switch for the
google-storage-plugin repo as well. Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 9:44 AM Daniel Beck <m...@beckweb.net> wrote:

> > On 31. Jan 2019, at 21:09, Baptiste Mathus <m...@batmat.net> wrote:
> >
> > We actually don't usually assign admin permissions on repos to
> maintainers. And for one, I don't have personally the necessary karma to do
> this anyway.
> > If you need to add members with merge permissions, I'd suggest just
> listing them here and we can add them through the usual process in the go.
> >

> I changed the team to 'admin' permissions (although I am _really_ curious
> why those should be needed to release things -- weird release automation
> that needs deploy keys?)
>
> FWIW a long time ago we limited granted permissions because some of the
> admin operations were destructive (some of the 'danger zone' stuff). Since
> GitHub now allows us to restrict availability of those even to repo admins,
> we now grant admin by default -- it's just that many teams are still set to
> 'write' from years ago.

Craig Barber
Software Engineer
Cloud Graphite: Platforms