Hello Martin,

Weird thing is that there are 3 exactly similar pull requests from
different contributors. The students PR is the last one to be created, so I
I would rather close it as a duplicate TBH.

W.r.t merge/release, I do not think we can do a lot without active
maintainer there. Somebody would need to adopt the plugin and to cut a new
release.
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin

Best regards,
Oleg