Security concern is indeed an issue there, same for Dependabot and other
things. TL;DR: A malicious GitHUb app maintainer can push code to your repo.
AFAIK GitHub is well aware about this concern, and they are introducing
more and more fine grain permissions.

Even if we put configs on a global level, I do not plan to add the
application globally.
It will be still enabled on a per-repo basis after the explicit
confirmation from maintainers that they understand the risks.

related effort to actually standardize use of Release Drafter, so that
> plugins.jenkins.io is able to obtain changelogs from the GitHub release
> metadata rather than Confluence.

I also keep this story in mind, but we firstly need to get some adoption
IMHO.

BR, Oleg