Hi Jesse,

Our users are strongly asking for a better support of PR status update by
SonarQube/SonarCloud when build is triggered by Jenkins. We don't like the
try-fail strategy (trying to annotate current commit, then fallback on
parent).
Would you be ok to accept a contribution from SonarSource where we would
add a new env variable (like CHANGE_COMMIT) to expose the PR head commit
sha to the pipeline? We are interested to support both GitHub and
Bitbucket, so we would ensure it works at least for those 2 plugins.

++

Julien