Great, thank you. I was rethinking an implementation for this and I think the
following may be most sensible:
Scan all artifact fingerprints after a regular time interval. If an artifact
has no build usage history, it is deleted. If the working directory of the
artifact is left empty after this, it is deleted as well.

Wouldn’t this in effect cleanup workspaces? If so it may be doable without a
dependency on Workspace Cleanup plugin....