I think that it would be easier to maintain the workflow test dependencies
inside the git plugin by using the new BOM that Jesse has created.

As a test, I tried to use the BOM with the git client plugin.  That change
allowed me to remove the explicit version numbers from 4 dependencies.
That is a nice very nice improvement for a plugin that has relatively few
dependencies.

However, when I look at the dependencies which are assigned by the 2.138.1
version of the BOM, it assigns

   - ssh-credentials 1.17.1
   - credentials 2.2.0

I've generally preferred to keep the dependency at oldest version I can
reasonably trust.  In this case, the BOM is choosing the second most recent
release of the credentials plugin

I believe in this case that the credentials plugin 2.2.0 is the required
dependency from the BOM because it is the version which includes the most
recent security fix for the credentials plugin.

A different security advisory recommends that ssh-credentials should be
newer than 1.13.  Is there a specific reason that 1.17.1 was selected
rather than 1.14?

Am I correct to assume that it is safe, reasonable, and healthy for the git
client plugin (and the git plugin) to use the BOM and accept that means
they will generally have newer dependencies than they did in the past?

Mark Waite

--
Thanks!
Mark Waite