On Monday, 2 March 2020 11:10:23 UTC, Oleg Nenashev wrote:

> I think it would be a great improvement to the current process. Maybe it
> is better to add a new list to repository-permissions-updater
> <https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/> files
> so that we can somehow credit the emeritus maintainers on the plugin site
> once https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/WEBSITE-658 is implemented
> ("Use Repository Permission Updater as a source of the maintainer info").

Seems fine by me, though my proposal was limited to not actually requiring
code changes so that it could be implemented quickly for my use case :-P

> In my case I also have several plugins which I de-facto maintain as
> "emeritus maintainer" (read as: "I step in when something is really broken
> there, but do not maintain it on a regular basis").
> Maybe it is a use-case for emeritus maintainers retaining their release
> permissions.

I am fine with retaining release permissions as emeritus, *at least for the
case where all maintainers are emeritus* but I think it would be better for
the active maintainers that they not have to worry about emeritus
maintainers coming in and releaseing stuff that they are not actively
tracking.

To me, it is more about tracking that you can help if necessary, while
signalling the intent to step back.