Hey, thanks for replying.

Ok, so our plugin implements a cloud (that is saved in config.xml when
configured by the user, which is amazing)

This cloud object, after being instantiated (either loaded on startup or
changed in configuration), creates all sorts of objects (duh), and those
are being saved along with it on every save() execution.

So first, we don't want all this redundant data to be saved (just flood our
cloud with transients is a valid solution...?? )

And secondly, all the data that we DO want saved, when scaled up, can
increase config.xml size quite massively, and that does not sound nice to
us at all.

Any thoughts?