Hi together,

Maybe some of you have used the stable/jenkins
<https://github.com/helm/charts/tree/master/stable/jenkins> helm chart to
install our favorite CI tool in Kubernetes.

At the moment is it hosted in the https://github.com/helm/charts repository,
which is already in maintenance mode and all charts from there will be
de-listed from the Helm Hub. And on Nov 13, 2020 the support for that
repository will formally end, and the repo will be marked obsolete

Therefor chart maintainers are currently moving charts to different
organizations.

I am one of the maintainers of the stable/jenkins chart and I am proposing
to move it to https://github.com/jenkinsci. I find that to be the most
fitting place as most of the jenkins plugins also reside there. It could
help to continue supporting it in the future.

Some data about the helm chart. Unfortunately, there seems to be no usage
statistics to tell how many people are using it or how many downloads it
has.
I checked its git history and noticed that it's first git commit is already
from September 2016 and that it received over 300 contributions from 181
contributors since then. An older version of it is even used in
jenkins-x-platfrom
<https://github.com/jenkins-x/jenkins-x-platform/blob/f288b8ce107bb8bfc895d6827cf092266bdf9a00/jenkins-x-platform/requirements.yaml#L2-L5>
.

How could a migration look like? Ideally, we could get a repository and
admin permission on it so that we could set everything up. I've seen
https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/publishing/requesting-hosting/, but
hosting a helm chart is a bit different than a Jenkins plugin. Also with
the recent discussion about forked repositories in GitHub I am not sure if
that's still the desired process or if it would be easier to just move a
repository to the new org.

So far I prepared a git repository
https://github.com/torstenwalter/helm-charts which could either be moved or
forked into the jenkinci org. It contains  the whole history of the helm
chart. It's using Apache License 2.0, as that was used by the original
repository.
CI is set up using chart-releaser
<https://github.com/helm/chart-releaser-action> and chart-testing
<https://github.com/helm/chart-testing-action> GitHub Actions.

Let me know what you think of it and if a move to jenkinci GitHub org would
be ok.

Best regards
Torsten Walter