Hi Jenkins Devs,

I am delighted to announce the creation of a new Jenkins Operator for
kubernetes under the name "Simple Jenkins Operator".

A kubernetes operator is kubernetes native component that is able to
install, manage and operate applications running in kubernetes.

Hence, the Simple Jenkins Operator will provide a simple and
straightforward experience to allow installation, management, upgrade and
backup of Jenkins when it is running in kubernetes.

This projects comes into an alternative to the first Jenkins Operator
namely jenkinsci/kubernetes-operator and aims to provide a simpler user
experience by using more kubernetes native component.

Our first version will be 0.7.0 and will be compatible with operator-sdk
1.0.1 .
Please, jenkins board member, could you please create a repository named
(jenkinsci/simple-jenkins-operator) so we can push our existing code base
there.

Of course, contributions are welcome, and we really want an open
govervnance for the very start, so any individual or enterprise contributor
is welcome.

greetings

--

AKRAM BEN AISSI