On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 8:33 PM Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was surprised when GitHub Branch Source 2.10.2 was listed as released
> and yet was not available for download with Jenkins 2.277.1-SNAPSHOT.  I
> downloaded it separately, copied it to my plugins folder, and restarted
> Jenkins.  It loaded as expected and is working well.  I assume the problem
> is related to the RC version number, 2.277.1-SNAPSHOT.  Is that a correct
> assumption?

The actual digits in the version number cause this. updates.jenkins.io
identifies this as being an LTS version (three parts instead of two), but
it's newer than the newest LTS, so it gets the newest actually existing LTS
tier, which is 2.263.4.

Try yourself: curl -IL
https://updates.jenkins.io/update-center.json?version=2.277.1

The workaround (applicable for LTS testing only) would be to change the
update site URL to a specific tiered site, like the one for 2.277, which is
the closest match right now:
http://updates.jenkins.io/dynamic-2.277/update-center.json

This should not affect actual users because our update sites exist before
people are able to download a new release.