It's no worries!

My thought was that if you had a team working on it, would be better than
what I can do in my free time.

Plus, (forgive me for looking), but looks like you have more Java
experience than me. I was going to make this a learning opportunity, but to
be honest, I don't really have a whole lot of time for that either.

Maybe we could work on it together? No idea how the concept of
"maintainers" even works really, but I'd be more than willing to
contribute. My former life in software engineering was spent in Front End
mostly, so I was going to work on refactoring the Javascript, if you want
to be the Java part?