Dredging up an old conversation - apologies

I've had chance to do some work on xtrigger-lib and convert to a plugin,
removing its dependency on envinject-lib in the process.  I have a project
xtrigger-api-plugin ready to go, so really just a query as to what the next
step is - do I need to create my own repo which is then forked / moved into
jenkinsci org, or is it possible to just create an empty repo and make me
maintainer / owner?

I assume artifact upload permissions will also need to be sorted, but from
memory that requires the github repo to exist first?

Cheers,

Tony