FYI I have started some POC work to start masking core libraries from
plugins, starting with guava, So that library upgrades in core can be made
easier in the future. (JEP incoming as well)
https://github.com/rsandell/jenkins/tree/mask-libraries
A lot of bits was already in place in core to do this in runtime, the
challenging part of the work, I think, is to make the plugin dev
environment work the same. Preferably not even have the libraries in
compile scope for the plugins. So tips on how to achieve that part is
welcome.