Le lun. 31 mai 2021 à 17:41, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenas...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> > Just to make sure I get your point/stance:
> > * you would agree we mark the current PR as ready-for-merge
> > * [provided we enrich the JEP-231 with the following [?]]
> > * to make things better for the future, you recommend we create a
> digester3-api plugin so these plugins can all be updated in one go.
>
> Taking two votes here and many approvals in
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/5320, I am not against that. I
> would prefer us to rather follow the new JEP-1 process draft in
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/pull/359 so that we could verify and dry
> run the changes, but I do not want to do modifications for them.
>
> I am not ready to support the PR on my own though,

I am not sure exactly sure what you mean by this, but I am certainly not
requesting nor expecting you to support any fallout of this PR.
Our team will obviously step up if something bad arises.

> because we should firstly release the API plugin

While, again, I am totally OK to create such a plugin and I'll happily make
it happen this week or so, I disagree with the need to absolutely release
an API plugin before we merge the Core PR. Given the important plugins are
already fixed and released, currently this is more of a maintenance &
technical debt issue.
Functionally, users will see no difference.

What I'm trying to avoid here is stalling this work.
We created this PR on the 1st of March.
The most recent PR to fix even the CMVC plugin (18 installs *worldwide*) is
soon 30 days old.

and do the better effort in reaching out to plugin maintainers and getting
> releases or explicit up-for-adoption where possible.

Care to elaborate please?

IIUC you mean sending an email to the last known maintainers for plugins
that are going to be broken when we merge the Core PR.

Reading your email on the users list, if you'd like us to step up and at
least temporarily adopt cloverphp & emma to release them, we can do this.
I'll even start the discussion now.

If other core maintainers do not want to wait, I am ready to accept this
> decision. And I definitely do not want the PR to miss the LTS merge window.

Thank you.
Yes, it would certainly be bad for Jenkins future too that it takes us so
long to remove anything :-(.
TBH after this, I fear a bit the Guava upgrade that we want to help on
next...