Hi Roberto,

Thanks again for stepping up as a maintainer. It is much appreciated. This
plugin is essential for many large scale instances, and it has its uses
even in the container CI/CD environments. Unfortunately I did not have
enough time to properly maintain and evolve this plugin :(

I am currently taking a break from the Jenkins community due to personal
community unrelated reasons, but I plan to be back in August or so. If you
have some time and interest, I would be happy to share my vision for this
plugin and to help with onboarding. I could do it in this thread, or we
could start a community.jenkins.io discussion. Later we could also have a
dedicated Jenkins developer meeting. What do you think?

Just key items from my mental backlog:

   - Removing dependency on Extended Choice plugin, restoring the tool
   versioning engine
   - Better Pipeline compatibility
   (https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-30680)
   - Better JCasC integrations, including support for templating and
   advanced configuration export
   - Introducing a "Container Image Selector" capability for tools packaged
   as Docker images. It would allow using the plugin in Docker and K8s
   environments more easily, and the engine would be more or less similar
   - Introducing traceability of tool usages using Jenkins fingerprints
   engine and UI
   - Unraveling the tool/environment management logic and making it more
   simple. Or at least documenting the behavior
   - Moving issues to GitHub issues and doing issue scrub in Jira

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev