Hello everyone.

I am trying to understand the impact of Jenkins core security
vulnerabilities on plugin usage.

Lets do this with an example:
I am running Jenkins 2.319.3 and using a plugin that has 2.277.4 defined as
<jenkins.version> in its pom.xml.
Am I exposed to the vulnerabilities in 2.277.4?
Does it depend on where the vulnerability actually is in the code? Is some
core code compiled along with the plugin?

If someone could explain a bit on how compiling and running plugins works -
it would be very helpful.

Thank you very much.