danielbeck is the owner of updatecenter, but my opinion is that is way
too big for something jenkins won't use. the example you gave has 300+
character, time 2000 plugins, thats 600+ megs of extra data that every
jenkins would download

What would be the advantage of making update center do it vs
processing it elsewhere and then having plugin site pull it in?

Gavin