"jenkins is starting up" is the screen I'm talking about.
 https://plugins.jenkins.io/monitoring/ is available before the init level
of COMPLETED is reached so you can troubleshoot things as jenkins is
starting up.   Analyzed their code and couldn't quite figure out what
allows them to do it.

They do have stuff in there about the crumb and security so maybe that's
what is allowing it.