Please do not troll this out
until https://github.com/diffplug/spotless/issues/1559 is fixed - this
causes all code to fail for windows users using checkout-as-is and
checkin-as-is which is not uncommon for windows users who also share code
with the Linux subsytem for windows.

I have battled this for one repository where it was already enabled - and
to format the code you need to format everything then apply dos2unix on
everything (though should not be windows line ends - and some files may
need to be and have appropriate gitattributes).

Rather than helping if the first thing a user sees is a lot of wanrings on
attempting to build what is just cloned - it will do the opposite.

and before anyone suggests users should change their local environment that
is a non starter. - the projects should not require anything special except
git maven and java (at their supported/required versions)

/James