Hey everyone,

Commonly, when I'm triaging (core) issues, I almost always face submissions
like JENKINS-71064 <https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-71064> and
JENKINS-70732 <https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-70732>.
These two figures are prime examples of how issue submissions are not
supposed to look like. The list is long, and based on my observation,
getting longer by day.

I don't believe it's healthy to continuously bug submitters to provide
details on their setup, when they could - and are supposed to - do that
during the submission form.
That's part of the issue reporting documentation, we link on the issue
form, but is commonly ignored.

I would like to propose making the "Environment" and "Description" fields
mandatory for "Bug" type issues on Jira, to go a bit against issue
submissions without any useful information at all and stop us playing
guessing games.

Best regards,

Alex

*This mail is a copy