I've submitted a pull request <https://github.com/jenkinsci/bom/pull/2218>
to the plugin bill of materials that proposes to stop updating the 2.375.x
line of the plugin BOM.

I think we should stop updating the 2.375.x BOM line because:

   - Over 15% of the plugins in the bill of materials already require a
   core version newer than 2.375.4
   - The last two releases of the plugin bill of materials included no
   plugin version changes in the bom-2.375.x set. One plugin version was
   pinned to 2.375.x, and multiple maven plugins were updated, but no plugin
   versions were updated
   - Relatively few plugins require Jenkins 2.375.x.  Plugins that use a
   test jar file are commonly needing to require Jenkins 2.387.r or newer
   because the test jar they are consuming is coming from a plugin with that
   minimum Jenkins version

I think that is a first step.

I think that we may also want to consider dropping support in the plugin
pom for Jenkins versions older than 2.387.3.  I don't feel like I have
especially strong arguments when we should reduce the range of Jenkins
versions supported by new releases of the plugin pom, but would like to
hear from others if they think we should continue with tooling support for
Jenkins core versions older than 2.387.3.

Mark Waite