To come back to the previous topic, what you have mentioned / proposed, is
a long term approach requiring additional changes / setting expectations /
getting agrements. It's just not in the current scope of the changes I want
to make. I prefer to have an incremental approach that provides value right
now instead of waiting on a larger effort that will provide value only
later in the future.

FTR that was explained
in https://groups.google.com/g/jenkinsci-dev/c/8cy8w7ZqyB8/m/K6sdE_HcEAAJ.
> Starting small and increasing the scope over time. CERT membership and
VPN/infra access will follow soon.

If you think your proposal should be implemented, I would suggest you to
start a new thread, as it's beyond the original scopes of the existing ones.