Jenkins is using a custom patched version of svnkit. Chances are that work
will need to be done on the 1.7 version as well, which is still in beta.
However, this does not prevent you from upgrading your subversion server to
1.7 to support other 1.7 clients, as the 1.7 server supports 1.6 clients as
well. Jenkins will work fine if the server is updated, or even other
clients on the jenkins machine.

On Feb 6, 2012 7:39 AM, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, must be my bad - I was sure I read of the support somewhere (it's
> my reason for upgrading as well) - M
>
> On 6 February 2012 14:23, shanz <duncan.perr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Martijn,
> > I seem to already have the latest version of th plugin though (1.37)
> > and 1.38 doesn't address svn 1.7 format yet ...
> > Version 1.38 (not yet released)
> >
> >    Fixed issue #10227: Parameter "List subversion tag" was not
> > displaying tags which have the same date.
> >    Fixed issue #12201: NullPointerException during SVN update.
> >    Fixed issue #8036: Subversion plugin to support SVN::Web browser.
> >    Fixed issue #12525: SVN URL converted to lowercase -> Changes
> > found every time it has an pull request.
> >

> > On Feb 6, 2:07 pm, Martijn Verburg <martijnverb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I believe the latest version of the Jenkins plugin does provide
> >> support.  However,
> >> Several of us have been having problems upgrading the SVN plugin (this
was
> >> originally thought to be an hpi vs jpi naming issue, but it seems to
> >> be deeper than
> >> that).
> >>
> >> I didn't have a chance to discuss it in detail with KK at FOSDEM, but
I know a
> >> few of the devs were discussing it.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Martijn

new working copy format. Subversion 1.7 clients cannot use Subversion 1.6
(and earlier) working copies. Existing working copies created with
Subversion 1.6 and earlier need to be upgraded before they can be used with
a Subversion 1.7 client.

tools you use. For example, we use Jenkins, subversion command line,
subversion from Eclipse, etc. We won’t move until we can upgrade all of
them. There's no point in Jenkins checking out in 1.7 format, if I can’t
use the command line to look at the result (I have to do that occasionally).

jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of shanz

copyright and or privileged material, and are for the use of the intended
addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee or an authorised
recipient of the addressee please notify us of receipt by returning the
e-mail and do not use, copy, retain, distribute or disclose the information
in or attached to the e-mail.
individual and not necessarily of Diamond Light Source Ltd.
any attachments are free from viruses and we cannot accept liability for
any damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses which may
be transmitted in or with the message.
England and Wales with its registered office at Diamond House, Harwell
Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0DE, United Kingdom